Food & Cooking 3 Day Break
Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine on this 3 night/3 day short cooking break where you’ll explore the epicurean delights of Tuscany and learn to prepare classic Italian dishes using the freshest local ingredients.
Escape to the Tuscan countryside and visit hilltop villages tucked away in verdant valleys, explore unique farming estates and enjoy tastings of their most prized specialties including cured meats, cheeses, olive oil and wines. You will be treated to 2 in-depth cooking classes guided by our local chef. Our cookery lessons are unique because each lesson focuses on different facets of Italian cuisine, from pastas and breads to meats and veggies, giving you a solid basis from which you can grow and be creative back in your home.
During our cooking holiday you become part of the local life, not just an observer. We have carefully planned the itinerary so that you may enjoy the activities but also have free time to explore the area on your own. Our FOOD AND COOKING BREAK is a combination of dining, cooking and travel - perfect for anyone (from beginner to expert) who wishes to develop their culinary knowledge.
*Kids' cooking courses can also be arranged on request!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEAL - 3 days / 3 nights
- Visit to a local organic cheese farm and winery including vineyard walk, cellar and dairy tour with a description of the production process. Lunch and tastings are served on outdoor terrace, weather permitting.
- Visit to a local olive oil farm where a prestigious ancient breed of pigs is raised. Homemade farm lunch include tastings of the estate's meats.
- Farmer's market visit with chef in a typical Tuscan village.
- 2 in-depth cooking classes with local chef focusing on Pasta & Bread and Meats & Veggies.
- Explorations of ancient hilltop villages in the spectacular Chianti wine country.
- All lunches and dinners are included.
- Upon request we may also arrange private vehicle service for all ground transportation with English-speaking driver.
PRICE PER PERSON (including taxes and fees)
Price per person: ¤845
Please note that accomodations are NOT INCLUDED in the above prices. We work together with you to choose the best kind of accomodations according to your tastes, needs and budget. Please contact us for ideas proposals!
For larger groups, please contact us for a price quote.
Please note that any request to customize the itinerary may incur additional costs.
INCLUDED IN PRICE
Organic cheese farm and winery tour with lunch & tastings
Olive oil and pig farm tour with lunch & tastings
2 Gourmet cooking class with local chef
Farmer's market visit in a Tuscan village
Free explorations of various picturesque medieval villages and towns
All lunches and dinners
Booking services for city and countryside accomodations (accomodation costs not included)*
Local taxes & fees
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE
Transportation (available on request at an additional cost)
Entrance fees to museums, exhibitions, monuments and historic sites not mentioned in itinerary
Anything not expressly mentioned above
DAY 1- Embark on a morning visit to a prestigious local winery and organic cheese farm. Take a guided walk through the vineyard, the estate's cellars and take a tour of the dairy where unique cheeses are produced from the farm's sheep milk.
- Enjoy a wonderful lunch with tastings of the farm's specialties including tastings of 3 wines, cheeses, extravirgin olive oil, salami, vegetables and breads.
- Free afternoon to explore some of the Chianti region's most picturesque local villages
- Arrive and check-in to your countryside accomodations.
- Enjoy a savory dinner in-house prepared with seasonal produce.
DAY 2- Meet our local chef for a fun exploration of a local farmer's market in a nearby Tuscan village. Discover what's in season, the importance of using seasonal ingredients, how to pick the freshest produce and much more.
- Free time to take a leisurely stroll through the ancient center of town.
- Light lunch in a local trattoria in town.
- 3:30PM: Cooking class 1 - PASTA & BREAD, followed by dinner with the dishes you and your team have whipped up together.
DAY 3- Spend the morning on a free exploration of more delightful ancient country villages.
- Visit a truly unique farm whose spectacular breed of pigs dates back to Roman times and is native only to the area around Siena. Enjoy a delightful homecooked lunch with tastings of the farm's meats and olive oil paired with several wines from the estate.
- 3:30PM: Cooking class 2 - MEATS & VEGGIES, followed by a final farewell dinner with the dishes you and your team have whipped up together.
DAY 4- After breakfast, bid farewell to the Chianti wine country.