UNCONVENTIONAL TUSCANY is a 1-day exploration of a fascinating and beautiful area of Tuscany that remains quite off the beaten path despite its vicinity to Florence. Embark on a journey back in time with your own private driver who will lead you first to the tomb excavations of the Etruscans, an intriguing civilization that had inhabited central Italy centuries before the Romans. Next visit a splendid ancient hamlet to admire its views and the majestic Medici Villa built there during the Renaissance. Mix in a bit of fine wining and dining as you stop for lunch at a local winery to taste the prestigious wines of the Carmignano region whose coveted flavors distinguish them from their Chianti cousins. Dedicate the rest of the day to exploration of the delighful town of Vinci, birthplace of the great Renaissance man, of the places central to Leonardo first years.
For tours on Sundays the itinerary changes slightly and visitors may choose to feast on a lunch of the famous Florentine steak in a trattoria that is a favorite with locals.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEAL - 1 day
- Private luxury vehicle service with English-speaking driver.
- Visit to the site of an ancient Etruscan tomb dating back to the 7th century.
- Explore a delightful ancient hilltop hamlet, renown for its spectacular historical Medici villa (a UNESCO Heritage Site).
- Guided tour at a local winery in the Carmignano wine region.
- Enjoy a savory lunch on the winery estate, prepared with local seasonal produce and paired with tastings of its wines.
- Explore the historical town of Vinci, birthplace of Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Visits of sites that celebrate this most important of Renaissance figures.
- Tours on Sundays may also include a succulent Florentine steak lunch at a hillside trattoria far from the tourist crowds!
PRICE PER PERSON (including taxes and fees)
Prices are per person, based on a booking of:
2 people: ¤350 / 3 people: ¤255 / 4 people: ¤215 / 4 people: ¤195 / 6 people: ¤170 / 7 people: ¤155
For larger groups, please contact us for a price quote.
Please note that any request to customize the itinerary may incur additional costs.
INCLUDED IN PRICE
Ground transportation in luxury Mercedes (or equivalent) full-optional vehicle with English-speaking driver
Fascinating visit to an ancient Etruscan tomb
Guided tour with lunch and tastings at a local winery
Visit to a picturesque medieval village
Visit to the beautiful town of Vinci and its main sites
Local taxes & fees
Please note the private car service for the above itinerary is for up to 9 hours for the day. You may choose to extend the service but this may incur additional costs.
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE
Entrance fees to museums, exhibitions, monuments and historic sites
Anything not expressly mentioned above
- Your private driver will pick you up at your accomodations (in or around Florence).
- Your first stop will be at the site of an Etruscan tomb believed to date back to the 7th century BC. The Etruscans were an ancient civilization predating the Romans, that had settled in what is today Tuscany and some parts of Umbria and Lazio.
- Next visit a quaint and beautiful medieval village perched on a hilltop with spectacular views, a favorite for locals but quite off the beaten path for tourists.
- Walk the grounds of the majestic and historical Medici Villa built in the 16th century for the Grand Duke of Tuscany, listed today as a UNESCO Heritage site.
- Afterwards, stop by a local winery in the Carmignano region, an area noted for the quality of its wines since the Middle Ages.
- Enjoy a delightful lunch prepared with local produce paired with tastings of the estate's wines.
- Next, your driver will take you to the town of Vinci, birthplace of the great Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Visit Leonardo's original home, the museum dedicated to his inventions, the 13th century church where he was baptized, or simply take a stroll through the ancient town to enjoy its cafés and shops.
- For Sunday tours, you may choose to dine on succulent Florentine steaks at a local hillside trattoria far from the tourist crowds!